the old little woman

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What's your thought?

It's either I have some serious thoughts every few months or I feel an obligation to prove to "nobody" that I can still write.

No revelations, just some been-there-along-except-I-didnt-pick-up observations. What is effective communication? Clear, succinct, good tone? More than that. It's an irony actually. Because "effective" communication is about bringing across a point so that something gets done, in the most indirect way! Sometimes in order to get things moving, you cant go head on. Must go in circles... Only in certain situations.

Friends always tell me I think too much. Instinctively, my response would be "isnt that what the brain is for?" While one is not sitting in front of the computer or plotting to kill, what does one do? You mean the brain really rests? Dont we all walk and chew gum?

Maybe it's not that I think too much; but I reveal too much. Possible?

I'll connect the effective communication bit with the think too much bit. If things werent spoken so directly, there wouldnt be a mindmap in my head. I might have taken things literally, at face value; and the outcome would have been different. It's good to be inquisitive. A "positive" thing, you know? Like being meticulous?

Yes, I'm wasting time. But it keeps me entertained.

1 Comments:

Blogger cryssstal said...

It's not that you think too much. You think NEGATIVELY too much. Thats what people are trying to tell you.

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home