the old little woman

Thursday, October 30, 2008

once upon a 2.5months

One of my dearest friends told me, when she was in between jobs aka unemployed, it was one of the best times in her life. Not that I dont believe her. Perhaps it was the choice of words - I wouldnt bat an eyelid if she had said, I dont know - "rewarding", "inspiring".. whatever. But there wasnt a descriptive adjective per se; just "best time".

I was in between jobs too, 3 months later.

Not being axed, or about to be axed. I was offered another position when I tendered. It was difficult telling people that I was tired of doing what I did; sheepishly - only for a tad 3 years. On hindsight, I could say it wasnt the job function but the job requirement. When dancing around the crowd became a KPI, you've got to be "there"... I once told someone, how to sell a golf set if you dont even know how many clubs there are. You dont need to have a PC to seel clubs, but at least recognise the numbers.

Well, it was a memorable 2.5 months. Not something I could afford to revisit anytime soon.

Slept on the couch, watched 10hours of TV, turned down 3 job offers.

One hell of a 2.5months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home